Normandale Community College is offering a class on Healthy Dreaming
Total health and wellness take into consideration the need for physical, emotional, mental, aesthetic, and spiritual balance if we are to be genuinely healthy. Dreams are a daily part of our lives and can also help us towards greater awareness and fulfillment. 9 ways in which dreams can benefit our overall health:
- Dreams help us to know ourselves more intimately by giving us access to parts of ourselves we might be unaware of, and we can consider, examine, and even dialogue with these parts when we are awake.
- Dreams allow us to process material from our day in ways that help us release concerns and worries.
- Dreams can provide answers to our questions and solutions to our problems that are difficult to find when we’re awake. Try writing down a question before you fall asleep and ask for a dream that will provide an answer. Be sure to write down your dreams in the morning.
- Dreams can provide ideas for using our creativity, insights into breaking a creative block, and material for our creative expression.
- Dreams stretch our experience beyond the limits of our physical selves, making our lives fuller and more exciting.
- Dreams can tell us what we need to know and alert us to actions we need to take.
- Dreams can inform us of physical illnesses and psychological issues we need to address.
- Dreams allow us to practice new behaviors, try on different identities, and explore unpredictable responses to the experiences that life presents to us.
- Through our dreams we can gain new insights into our relationships and learn new ways to improve intimacy with others.
I started to sign up for this seminar, then thought to myself I’d rather do some research on my own at home.