Jill Bolte Taylor was a neuroanatomist at the Harvard Medical School who had a stroke in the left hemisphere of her brain in 1996. She wrote a book called “My Stroke of Insight” and gave a talk in February 2008 at TED. This video – Jill Bolte Taylor’s powerful stroke of insight – is a powerful description of her unique experience of herself as an energy being, when she was able to live in her right brain. She felt connected to all others and now is spreading a message of peace. She says that she realized all of us can experience that too.
She has a website,mystrokeofinsight that has useful links. She has created a mnemonic device for remembering atroke symptoms:
- S = Speech, or problems with language
- T = Tingling, or numbness in your body
- R = Remember, or problems with thinking
- O = Off-balance, or problems with coordination
- K = Killer headache
- E = Eyes, or problems with vision
Stroke is a medical emergency. Dial 911.